Talofa and Greetings
Malo le soifua, malo le lagi matafi to all our partners, families and friends. We hope that this address finds you in good health and high spirits in the midst of this COVID-19 pandemic affecting our world today. Thank you all for your prayers and support. We know that our faith in Christ means going through the good times as well as the challenging times of our faith journey.
We also wish you all a belated but blessed Easter celebrations (until the Ascension and Pentecost). Although it is an out-of-the-way celebrations due to the COVID-19 lockdown of Churches in most countries, we acknowledge how the resurrected Christ works in mysterious ways to make this quarantined Easter (2020) a unique and meaningful event.
Household celebrations replace our usual Church community services, where parents and children spend quality time together during the most important event of our Christian calendar.
I take this opportunity to offer our sincere condolences to the families of some of our partners and friends who have passed on due to COVID-19 or by natural causes. It’s a difficult time, but we believe in the power of prayer for the comfort of the loved ones left behind, and those who are still fighting for survival.
On the bright side, the lockdown of schools has urged us to explore new possibilities.
- Our students and families are quarantined at their homes in Samoa, except the lecturers, final year students, Bachelor students, and overseas students that remain on campus.
- It has been four weeks since we use the Moodle Program (through our website, piula.edu.ws ) to deliver our courses and all the related aspects for the quarantined as well as our on campus students
- Since the COVID-19 lockdown, our Facebook account has been launched to deliver our Sunday and weekly worship services (Facebook live) for our community at home and on campus.
- We are also delivering on Facebook and You Tube account (Piula Publications and Productions) a Talanoa Tusi Paia or Bible Talk Programme for the students and Laity of the Church.
- I acknowledge the hard work of our staff/lecturers, IT team, all on campus students in these difficult times. Delivering our academic and spiritual services to the community in the islands and overseas during the COVID-19 lockdown is made available due their untiring commitment and durable work.
- I also wish to acknowledge the assistance of the late Revd. Setu Lofipo and Leivi through their children. They have donated 4 sets of collar microphones and headsets (worth $3,200.00 ST) for the Talanoa Tusi Paia Programme. Thanks to Mrs Peata M. Malala and family of the USA Military Forces for the support. God bless you and keep you.
Let’s hold on to hope and love during these challenging times. Beyond our afflictions is the light of God’s love and spiritual empowerment. May our Good Lord, the resurrected Christ give you comfort and hope. From us here in Piula, we pray that God keep you all and continue to shower you with his blessings.
Till next time, but stay safe and God bless.
Revd. Dr. Mosese Mailo